NITMKG #2 : Bringing Institutional Theory to Marketing
After a successful first edition in 2017, NITMKG organizers are pleased to announce the organization of a second edition of the “Bringing Institutional Theory to Marketing” conference (NITMKG 2019).
Call for papers
This second edition aims to continue to build a community and to develop scholarship at the intersection of neo- institutional theory and marketing.
As in the first edition, topics covered in the conference include but are not limited to:
- How consumption practices emerge in the first place
- How consumption practices are maintained and continue over time
- How consumption practices erode and collapse
- How illegitimate consumption practices evolve over time. Why do some illegitimate consumption practices become legitimate whereas others disappear?
- The role of consumers as agents in the shaping of consumption practices at the macro level
- Beyond the firm-consumer dyad, the role of media, critics, technology and professions in legitimating and delegitimizing consumption practices
- How collaborative dynamics among companies legitimate new market products and new consumption practices in emerging industries?
- Karim Ben Slimane, ISC Paris Business School, France
- Damien Chaney, ESC Troyes in Champagne, France
- Ashlee Humphreys, Northwestern University, USA
- Bernard Leca, ESSEC Business School, France
- Marie Taillard, ESCP Europe, UK
24 February 2019:
– Deadline for submission of short papers (around 2000 words)
11 March 2019:
– Notification of acceptance/rejection
– Online registration opens
6-7 June 2019
– NITMKG Conference
ISC Paris Business School, Building 2
Adress: 10 Victor Hugo Street, LEVALLOIS-PERRET